Tata Sky along with ShortsTV brings the global world of short stories to India
The first ever short stories & film service available on the mobile app & large screen
Mumbai, 27th November 2018: Tata Sky, India's leading content distribution platform and innovator announced a partnership today with ShortsTV, the world's first and only 24/7 TV channel dedicated to short films. The newly launched Tata Sky ShortsTV is India's first ever curated platform for short stories and films. A first of its kind service in Asia, Tata Sky ShortsTV, will provide about 600 hours of unconventional and captivating short format stories on a single platform that can be accessed on-the-go.
Tata Sky ShortsTV will feature a line-up of 2000 premium titles, including the best of Oscars, Cannes etc. as well as a comprehensive collection of recent Indian short stories and films. Subscribers can look forward to an exciting mix of award winning and nominated short films covering a variety of genres such as comedy, drama, thriller, mystery, crime and adventure amongst others. This premium offering will be available to subscribers 24X7 on their television and the Tata Sky Mobile App.
Speaking at the launch, Arun Unni, Chief Content Officer, Tata Sky said, 'As viewing habits evolve, short films have seen a huge surge in popularity across the world, including in India. Increasingly, prominent filmmakers & actors are using this creative medium to tell wonderful stories being watched by millions on the internet. However, there hasn't been a single curated destination for the Indian consumer to watch this content. 'Tata Sky ShortsTV' aims to be that destination where a curated selection of 2000+ of the World's best short films can be enjoyed on a 24*7 basis. We are proud to partner with 'Shorts TV', who have worked hard for more than a year to localize the proposition with 500+ Indian short films.'
Commenting on the occasion,Carter Pilcher, Chief Executive at Shorts International Ltd and member of the Academy of Motion Pictures said, 'We are thrilled to partner with Tata Sky. They're India's cutting-edge content distributor and as their launch of Tata Sky ShortsTV proves, they're way ahead of the crowd. The new Tata Sky ShortsTV service is a fantastic addition to their value-added services portfolio and will be a huge success with millennial audiences and those who love the best movies. ShortsTV has also partnered with Royal Stag Barrel Select Large Short Films to bring a flood of India's most original and powerful short films to Tata Sky ShortsTV.'
Tata Sky ShortsTV will open the world of short films to a larger Indian audience featuring acting mavens from across Hollywood and Bollywood such as Tom Hiddlestone, Judi Dench, Benedict Cumberbatch, Keira Knightley, Naseeruddin Shah, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Radhika Apte to name a few.
Some of the international finds include among others God of Love, Bear Story, Atlantic, Henry, Borrowed Time, Curfew, Blood Money, A Sense of History, Neighbours, Walls, Blue Season, Midnight of My Life and Picture Paris. Also Chutney, Ahalya, Shunyata, Aamad, Kheer, Arre Baba, Urmi's Cat, Naughty Amelia Jane are just some of the critically acclaimed films that will be available on the platform.
Tata Sky ShortsTV is available on Tata Sky Mobile App and can also be accessed on Channel #113 (SD) and #112 (HD) at a minimal cost of INR 75/month on TV through a STB and on watch.tatasky.com.
Check out the exclusive short stories titles on Tata Sky Shorts TV
About Tata Sky:
Tata Sky Limited, is a joint venture between Tata Sons and TFCF Corporation (formerly known as Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc.). Incorporated in 2001 and launched services in 2006, Tata Sky is India's leading content distribution platform providing Pay TV and OTT services. With the objective of connecting to the best content in the world on any budget, any screen, anytime and anywhere, Tata Sky was the first to launch multiple products and services that redefined the subscribers viewing experience in the country. Tata Sky has been a pioneer in the HD Set top box segment having significant market share in the category. It has been continuously adding new channels and platform services across various genres and languages to beef up its content offering to cater to all segments of the audience. Tata Sky currently has its footprints spread across 2 lakh towns with over 18 million connections in India.
ShortsTV is operated by Shorts International Ltd, the world's leading short movie entertainment company.
- With over 5,000 titles, Shorts International has the world's largest library of shorts available on TV, online and in theatres, including award-winning and star-studded live action, animated and documentary shorts from around the world.
- ShortsTV is the world's only 24/7 HD TV channel dedicated to short movies. It is available in approximately 70 million households across the US, India, Latin America, the Netherlands, Belgium, Slovakia, Hungary and Serbia.
- In 2018, ShortsTV launched the ShortsTV App which marries the linear ShortsTV feed with the functionality of the Internet, at the click of a button on a viewer's remote control. Using advanced machine-learning algorithm technology, the ShortsTV App enables viewers to either watch TV or to create, control and personalize their own TV channel, engineered to their desired genres or moods
- Online, ShortsTV offers hundreds of the world's best independent shorts for download on iTunes in 92 countries, as well as on Amazon Instant Video (UK, US and Germany), Google Play (US and Canada) and Verizon and Frontier (US)
- Since 2006, Shorts International has exclusively presented the 'Oscar Nominated Short Films' theatrical release in cinemas across the US, South America, Europe, Australia and South Africa, and will be bringing the 2019 release to cinemas across India.
Shorts International is headquartered in London, England and is represented in the US by Shorts Entertainment Networks, a wholly owned subsidiary located in Los Angeles, CA. The company is led by Carter Pilcher, CEO, and is owned by Shorts Entertainment Holdings, with AMC Networks as a significant minority shareholder.