- What are the various ways in which I can recharge my account?You can choose any of the below options to recharge conveniently:
- Online on our Quick Recharge page.
- Anytime, anywhere recharge with the Tata Play Mobile App.
- Contact your local authorized partner for a recharge voucher or pay using can electronic Top Up.
- There are various payment options for you to choose from, such as Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, UPI, Wallets, Bharat QR, LazyPay, and PayPal.
- Auto debit – This means you authorise Tata Play to debit your bank account/credit card for a fixed amount of Rs 500 each time your Tata Play account balance reaches Rs 200. To register for this facility, download the Auto Debit Form, fill it in triplicate and mail it with all the relevant documents to: Tata Play Ltd. Auto Debit Request P.O. Box 2424 Bangalore 560024
- How do I recharge using Facebook?
Just send a Hi on Facebook to sign in and recharge. Your account will be recharged immediately.
- What recharge denominations are available?
- How much time does it take for the amount to be credited in my account after I recharge online?
If you recharge through our Selfcare portal, all the transactions happens in near real time environment. In case your bank account gets debited but the amount does not reflect in your Tata Play account due to certain failure, it would take 7-10 working days for the amount to be credited back into your bank account/card.
- What is Emergency Top Up / How & when can I avail?
Emergency Top up gives you three days' worth balance that is credited to your Tata Play account to ensure uninterrupted TV viewing while you recharge your account. The amount credited via Emergency Top up is auto-debited on the 4th day from your Tata Play account. This service can be availed only on your Recharge Due Date or within subsequent 7 days.
To avail the service, you can use any of the following options:
- Give a missed call from your registered mobile number to 080-61-9999-99
- Send a WhatsApp message Top UP to 1800
- Login to your Tata Play account. Visit the Get Help section and seek assistance from our Get Help Assistant. Choose the ‘Unable to View’ section, where you will get the ‘Emergency Top Up’ option.
- Recharge online
- Tokenization of Cards and Saved Cards
- What are the new RBI guidelines?
As per the new RBI guidelines effective from October 1, 2022, merchants can no longer save subscriber credit or debit card details. Instead, subscribers must enter their complete card details for every payment done via card.
- How can I avoid entering my card details every time I pay?
Subscribers can provide their consent, allowing Tata Play to tokenize (encrypt) and save their card as per new RBI guidelines. This means that Tata Play asks your card network to encrypt your card details with additional authentication. Tata Play receives the encrypted details which will be saved and used for future transactions instead of your actual card details.
- What is tokenization?
Tokenisation refers to replacement of actual card details with an alternate code called the “token”, which shall be unique for a combination of card, token requestor (i.e. the entity which accepts request from the subscriber for tokenisation of a card and passes it on to the card network to issue a corresponding token) and merchant. It is safer and more secure than just saving your card as your card number is replaced with tokens for all transactions and card number is not shared for subsequent transactions.
- Who will tokenize my cards?
As per RBI guidelines, cards can be tokenized only by authorized entities referred to as Token Service Providers. These entities can be a bank or a card network e.g. Visa, Mastercard, Rupay, etc.
- How do I provide my consent to save the card?
Until September 30, 2022 you can give your consent to tokenize all your saved cards. Navigate to payments page, select a card, provide consent and OTP to tokenize your card.
- Do I need to provide consent separately for each card?
Yes, as per the RBI guidelines, you need to provide consent to save each card separately.
- Which of my cards can be saved as per new RBI guidelines?
We currently support only India issued personal credit and debit cards of VISA, Mastercard and Rupay card networks. Support for other card networks will be updated as and when we are ready.
- What will happen to my previously added cards?
Until September 30, 2022 you can give your consent to tokenize all your saved cards. Navigate to payments page, select a card, provide consent and OTP to tokenize your card. Cards for which we do not have your consent by September 30, 2022 will be removed and you will need to enter the full card details to complete every payment.
- My card is also stored in other accounts of my friend or family member. Do they also need to tokenize the card again as per RBI guidelines?
Yes, the card needs to be saved across every account by each subscriber individually.
- Will I need to give my consent for offline transactions?
No, the new RBI guidelines are only applicable for online/e-commerce transactions.
- Do I need to pay any charges for saving my card?
No, there is no charge for saving your card.
- Is it mandatory to save my card(s)?
Tokenizing a card is not mandatory, however RBI has prohibited saving card details without tokenization. Hence, if you do not tokenize your card, we will delete all saved your cards after September 30, 2022 and you will need to enter the complete card details which includes Card number, expiry date and CVV every time while making a payment. We recommend that you do so as it will ensure your payment experience remains as seamless as before. Cards for which we haven’t received consent by September 30, 2022 will be deleted as per RBI guidelines.
Card deletion process
- How to delete saved cards?
a. Subscriber can delete card by their own. Go to My account page on app or website. Click on Manage saved cards. All the saved cards which are saved are listed. Subscriber can click on remove button to delete the card
b. Subscriber can reach out to our customer support desk on 18002086633 to put in request for deletion of save cards.
- Will all the cards be deleted at one go or subscriber can ask for any one of the saved cards to be deleted? or
What will happen If multiple cards are saved on platform for a subscriber?
If you raise a request with our team to delete the card, All the saved cards will be deleted. We can’t delete one of the details. Hence, you have to re-save the card that you may want to use.
- What all details are required to delete saved cards?
Subscribers have to provide Subscriber id and registered mobile number to customer care executive.
- What is the TAT for deletion of saved cards?
It will take 24-48 working hours to delete the saved cards.
Terms and conditions apply.
- What are the new RBI guidelines?