Refund Policy - Terms & Conditions
A. Refund of Account Balance
- Subscriber of Tata Play Limited (formerly known as Tata Sky Limited) (‘Company’) will be eligible to receive a refund of the Account Balance (‘Refund’) as per the terms provided in this Refund Policy.
- Subscribers will be eligible to receive a Refund of their Account Balance on deactivation/termination of his/her Subscriber Account (‘Cancellation’). Subscriber may cancel or completely discontinue availing all the Services provided by the Company by contacting the Company. However, Company reserves the right to refuse such deactivation request if the subscription of any of the Service is within the lock-in period or minimum period guarantee which was declared by the Company related to a specific Scheme. In such an instance the Company reserves the right to make the Cancellation request made by the Subscriber, effective from the date on which such lock-in period or minimum period guarantee comes to an end.
B. No Refund in the following cases:
- On suspension of a particular Service for a temporary period when requested by a Subscriber;
- Suspension of Service by the Company: (i) to carry out maintenance or testing; (ii) to safeguard the security and integrity of the Services or for technical purposes; or (iii) if so directed by the government.
C. How to Cancel Subscriber Account?
To cancel his/her Subscriber Account Subscriber can place a request for Cancellation with the Company by any of the following methods:
- Calling the Helpline 1860 500 6633; or
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Chat option by visiting - https://www.tataplay.com/dth/help
D. Process of Refund:
- Subscriber must initiate the Cancellation request by any one of the methods as provided in para ‘C’ above;
- In case Subscriber has obtained Tata Play connection under a Rental or entrustment Scheme then Subscriber must immediately return the CPE to the Company as per the existing return policy of the Company and terms provided in the Subscription Contract to be eligible for the refund;
- Company shall process the Refund to Subscriber’s bank account hence Subscriber must submit a copy of the cancelled cheque to the Company to initiate NEFT and any other information/documents as required by the Company;
- Company will process the Refund amount within 20 Business Days of receipt of the Cancellation request, required documents and successful return of CPE by Subscriber to the Company (if applicable).
E. Terms and Conditions:
- The Company will refund only the balance in the Subscriber Account after all costs, charges and expenses that the Company may incur are adjusted.
- The Refund processed by the Company shall only be of the unutilized Account Balance in the Subscriber Account remaining at the time of the Cancellation, and shall not include either of the following: cost towards CPE purchased by the Subscriber, CPE Rental, Network Capacity Fee, Installation Fee, Activation Charges, Subscription Fees, or Tax collected by the Company or payable to the Company, unless otherwise agreed by the Company.
- All refunds shall be made via NEFT only, no cash refund shall be made to any Subscriber;
- Subscribers who have cancelled their Subscriber Account and taken Refund will not be allowed to reactivate the connection.
- Subscriber will have to share the scanned copy of cancelled cheque to initiate NEFT.
- In the event the Company requires any Subscriber to provide any required information, including documents to initiate the Cancellation process and eligibility of Refund amount, then such Subscriber shall provide such information and documents to the Company.
- In addition to the terms and conditions stated here, the Subscribers shall be bound by the terms and conditions stipulated in the Subscription Contract and such other documents, that may be all found on the Company website -www.tataplay.com The documents referred above will be collectively referred herein as 'Subscription Contract’.
- The Company reserves the right at any time, without prior notice, without assigning any reason and without any liability whatsoever, to add or vary all or any of the terms and conditions or to replace, wholly or in part the Refund Policy.
- All capitalized terms used herein shall have the same meaning as ascribed to them in the Subscription Contract.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the Subscription Contract and these terms and conditions, in so far as this Refund Policy is concerned, the later shall prevail.
- Headings used herein are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of the Refund Policy.
- Any disputes, differences or questions, which may arise at any time hereafter between the Company and the Subscriber (individually referred to as ‘Party’, and collectively as ‘Parties’), touching the true construction of these terms and conditions or performance of the obligations or enforcing any rights and/or liabilities of the Parties hereunder, shall be first amicably resolved between the Parties within 30 (thirty) days from the date on which such dispute was raised by a Party and communicated to the other Party in writing failing which the dispute shall be referred to a sole arbitrator of the Indian Council of Arbitration (ICA). The arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the Rules of Arbitration of the Indian Council of Arbitration and shall be subject to the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, as amended or any statutory modifications or re-enactment thereof for the time being in force. The venue of such arbitration shall be at Mumbai and the Courts at Mumbai alone shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with the arbitration proceedings and the awards in accordance with law. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English language. The award passed by the arbitrators shall be final and binding upon the Parties.
- Subject to the arbitration clause, these terms and conditions shall be construed and governed by the laws of India and the Parties agree to submit to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Mumbai.