- Who are the promoters of Tata Play?
Tata Play Ltd is a joint venture between Tata Sons and 21st Century Fox.
- When was the service launched?
Tata Play satellite television service was launched on 8 August, 2006.
- How does Tata Play work?
Tata Play uplinks all channels from broadcasters to its satellite (INSAT 4A). The satellite sends these channels in digital format to the mini-dish fixed outside your home. The mini-dish relays the channels to the set top box which decodes the channels and sends them to your television, giving you an unparalleled television viewing experience with DVD quality picture and CD quality sound.
- What are the special features of the Tata Play set top box?
Tata Play enhances your TV viewing experiences with the following features:
- Guide: Browse through the 4-day schedule which includes the programme synopsis for all channels on Tata Play.
- Reminder: This feature allows you to set a reminder for your favourite programmes up to 4 days in advance, ensuring you never miss an episode of your favourite show again.
- Favourites: You can set up to 50 channels in the order of your preference as a part of your favourites list.
- Search & Scan Banner: This feature allows you to check out what’s playing on another channel without changing the channel you are currently watching.The banner appears at the base of the television screen and does not interfere with what you are watching. It disappears automatically after giving you the schedule of programmes across all channels.
- Parental Control: You can regulate what your children watch with Tata Play‘s parental control feature. This unique feature allows you to lock movies based on parental ratings or even an entire channel. To do this, press ‘organiser’ button on your remote and select parental control.
- What are the different types of Set Top Boxes available with Tata Play?
Tata Play offers a variety of set top boxes:
- What is Tata Play HD?
- What is Tata Play+ HD?