Tata Play T20 Treasure Hunt Contest 2020
Please note: First 100 eligible participants who find the stamp on every calendar day will be considered as successful winners. Every winner will receive Rs. 100 Amazon Voucher
Please read these Terms & Conditions before entering the ‘TATA PLAY T20 TREASURE HUNT CONTEST’ (the “Contest”) to be hosted & organized by Tata Play Limited (formerly known as Tata Sky Limited). (”Tata Play”) for Tata Play Subscribers who have an active account status in relation to Tata Play’s DTH services (“Eligible Subscriber”).
Participation in the Contest is purely voluntary and at the sole discretion of the Eligible Subscriber participating in the Contest. By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions including any amendments and modifications hereto, subject to the terms and conditions of the Social Media Platforms governing the Contest or participation of Participants, and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set out hereinbelow.
A. CONTEST INFORMATION:
- These terms and conditions govern the conduct of this TATA PLAY T20 TREASURE HUNT CONTEST, 2020 (“Contest”) which is brought to you by Tata Play Limited (“Organizer”).
- Who can participate:
This Contest is open to all Eligible Subscribers with an active account status, who are Indian citizens of 18 years of age or above at the time of participating in the Contest, residing in India, (“Participants”), except the following persons who shall not be entitled to participate in this Contest:
- Tata Play’s employees and the family members of the employees, associate/group companies;
- Tata Play’s advertising and promotional agencies, its auditors, executing agencies, business partners and their associate companies;
- any person who is a minor;
- any person with criminal convictions or persons who are ineligible to participate in the Contest;
- residents of the state of Tamil Nadu;
- any person who is bound by any contract or agreement that would not permit them from participating in the Contest.
- Participants can participate in this Content via Tata Play Mobile App only.
- By participating in this Contest, the Participants agree to completely release Facebook, Twitter and YouTube of any liabilities, and acknowledge that the Contest is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Contest Period:
This Contest will be open for the period starting on 24th October 2020 and ending on 30th October, 2020, only during the IPL T20 Match hours (“Contest Period”).
- Steps to participate:
No purchase is required to participate in this Contest. Participation is voluntary. To participate in the Contest, the Participants are required to follow the below instructions:
- Login to Tata Play Mobile App (“Mobile App”) with Subscriber ID/Registered Mobile Number during the Contest Period;
- On the Mobile App home page there will be a banner with “Stamp” & a clue to find the Stamp;
- Actual Stamp will be hidden across various sections of the Mobile App;
- Participant needs to find the Stamp basis the clue displayed & click on the Stamp for successful participation and valid submission of their entry for the day (“Entry”);
- Each day specifies a calendar date starting from 00:00 AM to 11:59 PM;
- First 100 successful Participants for the day will be considered winners for that particular day;
- Participants can participate and submit their Entry only once each day during the Contest Period;
- This Contest will be promoted by Tata Play on their social media handles like Facebook, Twitter, and You Tube.
- Winner & Gift:
Within Thirty (30) days from the end of the Contest Period i.e. 30th October 2020, Winners will be declared by Tata Play. Tata Play will intimate the Winners via Mobile App notifications, SMS & Emails. The E-vouchers code will be sent via SMS & Emails to every Winner on their Registered Mobile Number and email ID (where ever available) once the results are declared. Each Winner will win Amazon voucher worth Rs. 100/- (Rs. One Hundred Only) (“Gift”). Organizer reserves the right to decide or change the value or any related thing to the Gift.
B. SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Entries submitted in any manner other than specified in the Contest announcement above will be automatically disqualified.
- A Participant is not allowed to send multiple Entries in a single day during the Contest Period. Participants indulging in any malpractice or using fake identity/numbers to send Entries will be automatically disqualified. The decision of Tata Play in this regard shall be final and binding.
- The Participant may have access to certain materials or literary, audio, audio visual or other forms of content (“Proprietary Material”) made available by Tata Play as part of the Contest or otherwise on its Social Media Handles. The Participants acknowledge that the Proprietary Material is owned and/or controlled by Tata Play and/or its respective licensors (where applicable) and is protected by intellectual property laws. Tata Play only grants the Participants a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Proprietary Material only for the permitted purpose. Use of the Proprietary Material does not grant the Participant any right or license in or to the Proprietary Material or any portion thereof.
- Each Participant undertakes and agrees:
- to use the Proprietary Material strictly during the Contest Period only for personal, non- commercial purposes and for no other purpose or in any other manner;
- not to make copies, give, sell, resell, loan, rent, offer, broadcast, send, distribute, transfer, communicate to the public, reproduce, make derivative copies of, modify, display, perform, commercially exploit or make the Proprietary Material available (in whole or in part) to a third party unless otherwise authorized in these terms and conditions;
- not to use any automated systems or means, except for the web link provided by Tata Play, for downloading / accessing the Proprietary Material;
- not to remove, circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, or otherwise alter or interfere with any applicable usage rules or attempt to circumvent digital rights management or copy protection features associated with the Proprietary Material or any other technologies used to control the access to or use of the Proprietary Material or its identifying information;
- not to Claim to be the owner, composer, or author of any of the software and Proprietary Material received from Tata Play as part of the Contest.
- Selection of first 100 successful Participants shall be done solely at Tata Play discretion, and the final list of Winners will be published by Tata Play on its Terms & Conditions section.
- The distribution of Gifts shall be at the sole discretion of Tata Play. Tata Play may substitute or change Gift offered under Contest at any time without prior notice, and the Participants/Winners shall not be entitled to claim any damages or any kind of monies from Tata Play. All decisions made by Tata Play in connection with the aforesaid Contest shall be final and binding on the Participants/Winners. Participants/Winners acknowledge that they will not receive any compensation, benefits etc. except as mentioned herein and hereby release Tata Play and its agent and assigns from any and all claims which may arise out of or are in any way connected with the Contest. Participants/Winners may not substitute Gift for other items or exchange for cash. Gift shall be non-transferable, non-exchangeable, not for resale.
- Participants hereby authorizes Tata Play to communicate with him/her from time to time through telecommunication, SMS, email etc. about the matters connected with the Contest.
- Participants agree to do any and all acts and execute any and all documents in such manner and at such location as may be required by Tata Play.
- Tata Play will contact the Winners by sending direct messages/calls on their Registered Mobile Number which is registered with Tata Play.
- Tata Play will send the Gift via SMS & Emails to every Winner on their Registered Mobile Number and email ID (where ever available) within Thirty (30) days from the date of announcing Winners.
- Winners shall be responsible for coordinating with Tata Play in connection with the delivery of Gift. Tata Play shall not be liable to send the Gifts in case it is unable to contact any Winner despite making reasonable efforts or in case the Winner fails to revert to Tata Play to claim his Gift within a reasonable period of time. The Winners also agree that they will not dispute the value of the Gift so offered under this Contest. If the Winner refuses to accept the Gift offered, Tata Play shall not be responsible for the same and Tata Play shall be completely released from any and all obligations towards the Winners in connection with the Gift won by such Winner. In any such event, Tata Play shall in its sole and absolute discretion be entitled to select an alternate Winner and transfer the Gift to such Winner so selected.
- Tata Play shall not be liable for any loss/non-delivery of Gift due to incorrect mobile number/email address or any other incorrect information provided by the Winner.
- Tata Play shall not be responsible for any cost, expense or other liability whatsoever in relation to, arising from or connected with Gift or its quality. Tata Play makes no representation as to the quality, suitability or merchantability; and extends no guarantee or warranty relating to Gift. Tata Play shall not be responsible for any injury (including death), mental trauma, loss, damage or other consequence whatsoever arising from, suffered or incurred by Winners from or in relation to Gift. Tata Play assumes no responsibility for non-receipt of Gift by the Winner(s) or for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Participant/Winner participating in Contest or as a result of accepting any Gift.
- The Gift images used in the Contest advertisements / promotional materials are only illustrative in nature and the actual Gift may differ from the illustrative image.
- Participants shall be solely responsible for any costs and expenses incurred towards internet connection charges, e-mail transmission charges, data transfer (send/receive) charges, mobile connection charges or other incidental costs or expenses as may be applicable, inclusive or exclusive of any other service charges, applicable taxes, levies, duties, etc. depending upon the service provider.
- Mere participation in the Contest does not entitle the Participant to receive a Gift.
- Tata Play assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line-failure, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries. Tata Play and any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies shall not be responsible for: (a) any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, hardware or other computer or communication related malfunctions; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled, distorted, or damaged transmission of Entries or failure of any Entry to be received by Tata Play on account of any technical problems or traffic congestion on telecommunication service provider’s network / system, the Internet or at any web site, or any combination of them, including any injury or damage to any Participant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any content or material for Contest; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Tata Play; (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Any dispute in connection to the same shall be settled between the Participant and the service provider without involving Tata Play.
- Tata Play does not make any commitment, express or implied, to respond to any feedback, suggestion and, or, queries of the Participants or furnish any reason or explanation for inclusion and, or, exclusion of any particular submission or the Entry of a Participants at any stage of the Contest.
- Tata Play reserves the right to modify, amend or alter the rules governing the Contest in its sole discretion without giving any prior notice. Tata Play also reserves the right to modify, cancel, extend and/or discontinue the Contest or any part thereof at any stage without assigning any reason and without giving any prior notice and without any liability.
C. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Participant agrees to abide to all the laws of India, and shall indemnify and hold harmless Tata Play and its group companies/officials/directors/sister concerns/parent company or its affiliate from any loss that may occur to Tata Play or any liability/damage/cost/cost of litigation/cost of attorney/third party liabilities/claims resulting due to non-adherence to these terms and conditions.
- Tata Play is not liable for the damages/ loss that the Participant may suffer to his/ her device or Instrument or Cell Phone or otherwise any loss/ damages arising out of his/ her participation in this Contest or loss of content of Contest of any Participants.
- Tata Play will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused to the Participants if the Contest is cancelled and/or withdrawn or if the Participants are not able to participate or if the Winner is unable to avail the benefits of the Gift due to any reason whatsoever, including due to a Force Majeure Event, including without limitation, for reasons beyond the reasonable control of Tata Play such as war, natural calamities, epidemics, pandemics, floods, failure of telecommunication network, etc. The Participants agree that if due to any reason, whatsoever, beyond the control of Tata Play, the Gift and/or anything relating to the Gift and/or the enjoyment of the Gift and/or anything included in the Gift becomes ineffective or invalid, Tata Play shall not be held responsible for the same.
- Any and all taxes and/or levies if applicable under the laws of India shall be borne by the Winner in relation to the Gift.
- Further, by Participant’s participation in the Contest it shall be construed that the Participant has waived her/his right to file in person and/or through any family member and/or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum against Tata Play to claim any damages or reliefs or otherwise in relation to this Contest.
- In addition to the terms and conditions stated here, Participants shall be bound by the terms and conditions stipulated in the Subscription Contract, and such other documents, all found on the Tata Play website - www.tataplay.com. The documents referred above will be collectively referred herein as 'Subscription Contract'.
- The Participant’s database of mobile numbers/email IDs can be used by Tata Play in future for any lawful purpose as deemed fit by Tata Play and Participants unequivocally agree and consent for the same.
- The Participants and/or any person through the Participants shall waive any and all right that such an individual may have to claim ambiguity in these terms and conditions and agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Tata Play and its respective affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and its respective agents, partners, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, or any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from Participants participating in this Contest.
- The participation of the Participants in the Contest shall mean that the Participant has read, understood, accepted and agrees to abide with all the rules including the general rules of the Contest.
- Tata Play shall not be responsible for any problems that Participants may face while using the Gift and any disputes/complaints/grievances should be taken up with and settled with Amazon directly.
- In no event shall Tata Play be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any other damages resulting from: (a) the use or the inability to use the Gift; (b) unauthorized access to or alteration of the transmissions or data; (c) any other matter relating to the Gift offered; including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Gift or third party merchant website, goods or services availed therefrom. The Participant shall also be governed by the terms & conditions of the Amazon with regard to the Gift as may be available on their website.
- General Release. By entering the Contest, Participant agrees to indemnify Tata Play, its licensors/participating sponsors and any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, wrong delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any Gift (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- The Participants unconditionally agrees that he/she shall not: do anything which violates any of these terms and condition; make any misrepresentation; do anything that does not comply with generally accepted internet etiquette including (without limitation); post material that infringes copyright/ trade mark / intellectual property rights of Tata Play or any third party; post information that he/ she knows to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law.
- Tata Play shall not be responsible for printing or typographical errors in any promotional materials; or for transactions that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access the Tata Play website or process any transaction thereon.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the Subscription Contract and these terms and conditions, in so far as this Contest is concerned the later shall prevail.
- Headings used herein are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of this Contest.
- Any disputes, differences or questions, which may arise at any time hereafter between Tata Play and the Participant (individually referred to as ‘Party’, and collectively as ‘Parties’), touching the true construction of this terms and condition or performance of the obligations or enforcing any rights and/or liabilities of the Parties hereunder, shall be first amicably resolved between the Parties within 30 (thirty) days from the date on which such dispute was raised by a Party and communicated to the other Party in writing failing which the dispute shall be referred to a sole arbitrator of the Indian Council of Arbitration (ICA). The arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the Rules of Arbitration of the Indian Council of Arbitration and shall be subject to the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, as amended or any statutory modifications or re-enactment thereof for the time being in force. The venue of such arbitration shall be at Mumbai and the Courts at Mumbai alone shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with the arbitration proceedings and the awards in accordance with law. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English language. The award passed by the arbitrators shall be final and binding upon the Parties.
- Subject to the arbitration clause, these terms and conditions shall be construed and governed by the laws of India Participants/Winners agree to submit to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Mumbai.